Today, I saw an interesting animation that involved tea cups. I thought it would be fun to make my own set and test out the i5 I was working on. Here they are. As always, any questions or comments are welcome.
Ps. The i5 is so much better than my AMD Turion. Maybe someday…
If you are a Linux user, you know that fonts don’t always look their best. A prime example is the font rendering issues with KWord/Words
Words, formally known as KWord, is the the word processor in the Calligra Suite, formally KOffice. Through not quite as full featured as LibreOffice, Words offers a clean user interface that is good compromise between Word 2007’s ribbon interface and the LibreOffice docker interface.
However, in addition to the awkward name change, Words editor interface features font rendering that is ugly and boarders on unreadable without proper configuration. In an effort to make this potentially great application usable I set out on a quest to make the fonts render right. Continue reading
Due to the lack of real snow here, I thought I would make a few snowflakes to get into the winter spirit. Usually, I would make paper ones, but this year I thought I would use Blender instead. Here is the finished render:
While I was playing with Blender today, I found two new features!
First, I found out that you can make any object a camera. All you need to do I select the object you want to use and press ctl-numpad. This shortcut has been used to select the active camera for a long time. However, this is the first time I’ve seen it used to make any object the active camera. It’s nice, but I don’t see it as being too useful since you cannot access any of the camera settings (focal length, depth of field etc.) since cubes don’t need those settings. My advice, parent a camera to the object and do it that way.